Monday, December 8, 2008

Jaffa is No Fraidy Cat

I used to write a blog called "Jaffa the Cat Says", which was written in my cat Jaffa's voice. I should have kept it going. But the problem with it was me! I found it difficult to get ideas to write about.

"With a cat! Are you crazy?" you boom.

"Well, actually, it was my fraidy catness and my self-judging mentality that got the better of me." I defend, "And, well, er, um: I was scared to be me with Jaffa's voice."

Just like when my young son, David, was a boy and he wanted to go "fishing" with his cane pole, string and home-made hook in the stormwater drain and I didn't take him. I was scared of what "other" people might think!

Now, it's a matter of (a sound coming from my mouth with my tongue waving and spit flying everywhere) and I no longer care too much. (Well, sort of. Some things can be hard to shake.) Now David is nearly 21 and it's a bit late for those games!

Oh, well. That's life.

So getting back to Jaffa; she's now about 12, and pity any cat that comes into her domain. She chases them out of it. It does not matter in the slightest if it's a tom cat or a female. No other cat is welcome. This is Jaffa's domain; and she is queen.

The last time I saw her chase a cat it was a tom and I watched as Jaffa chased him out to the front boundary, which is when Jaffa stopped chasing him.

Poor Thomas! He went walking up the street flicking his tail growling and grizzling. But he has NOT been back.

Other times that Jaffa has had fights with cats, fur flew like confetti; mostly the other cat's.

Jaffa is the boss.

So this fraidy cat has to remember that and just do what needs to be done in marketing. Send out his email campaigns, make those calls, etc.

And with the training I'm getting with Veretekk my confidence is growing, also my knowledge.

So join me and send an email to homecrew@veretekk.com and see what it's all about. In the worst case scenario you'll learn a bit about marketing if you take advantage of the free training available.

No comments: